- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT. “Personal data” is defined as any information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or be reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual. Personal data does not include anonymous, de-identified, or non-personal data. We collect personal data through our Online Services and our Facilities.
- Our Online Services collect the following types of personal data:
- Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect personal data that you provide directly for a business or commercial purpose, such as when you access our website, enter into a contract, establish a user account with us, register for an event or our Online Services, enter into any sweepstakes or surveys, or interact through social media outlets in connection with a potential business relationship with us, or by giving us your contact information at various events or online. This personal data may include your name, business name, email and physical address, telephone number, profile, activity and performance information, payment information, and when necessary, form of identification or other tax related information.
- What We Get From Other Third Parties, Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. In certain circumstances, we collect personal data about you from certain third-party partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries for a business and commercial purpose. We may combine this information with personal data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide Online Services that may be of interest to you. This personal data may include your contact information, professional or social media information, commercial information, and inferences and preferences related to your behavior.
- What We Automatically Collect from You. We collect the following information for a business and commercial purpose from you when you use the Online Services:
- General System Information. Through your use of the Online Services, we collect certain hardware and software information from you and your device such as your device id, device type, network information, time zone, operating system version, order printing information, device id location, IP address, and other general system information.
- Our Facilities collect the following types of personal data:
- Management and Safety. We collect personal data on incidents and accidents that occur in our Facilities that may include the use of access ID cards, Closed Circuit Television Video (CCTV), video taken from parking lot security cameras, photographs and pertinent personal information regarding accidents/injuries that may have occurred in our Facilities, and other security measures for your protection.
- Third-Party Sources. We may obtain personal data about you from third parties and/or link the personal data we collect from you to additional records made available by third parties. For example, in order to provide the requested services, we receive certain personal data related kitchen orders.
- Professional and Client Relationships. In the course of professional or client interactions involving the licensing of space, we collect personal data about you such as your name, position, entity name, and other details surrounding the transaction or potential transaction.
- Facility Services. Some of our Facilities may include convenience services such as vendor deliveries, Wi-Fi, or lockers. We collect personal data from you to facilitate the products or services you request. Please note that these vary by location—check with your Facility to see what services are available and what personal data is required to use those services.
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA. Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to facilitate and provide the Online Services or information that you have selected to receive. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your personal data for these purposes. Otherwise, we rely on another authorized legal basis (including but not limited to the performance of a contract or legitimate interest) to collect and process your personal data. We use personal data for the following purposes:
- To Provide Your Requested Services. Our primary business and commercial purpose in collecting personal data is to facilitate and provide the services or information that you have selected to receive through either your consent or through entering a contract with us. For example, if you provide personal data to us through our website, we will use your data to respond to the request. We also use it to send administrative information, such as notices related to products and Online Services, or to policy changes.
- To Manage User Registrations. If you have registered for an account with us, we process your personal data for a business purpose by managing your user account for the purpose of performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service.
- To Contact You. With your consent or, in some cases for our legitimate interest, we use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose to contact you for marketing purposes, including telemarketing calls, text messages, and to send marketing emails that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, informational materials, and details on upcoming events.
- To Manage Payments. If you have provided financial information to us, we process your personal data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary for our business purpose to complete a transaction and perform our contract with you.
- To Plan, Manage, and Facilitate Events. With your consent, we use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose in event planning and management, including registration, billing, and connecting with other event attendees, or to contact you further about relevant products and Online Services.
- For Security, Legal Obligations, and Investigations. We use your personal data for our business purpose and legitimate interest to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potential security issues, as well as fraudulent or illegal activity. We may also use your personal data for a legitimate interest to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements or to protect our interests or the interests of other third parties. This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- For Improvements to Our Services and Products. We use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose and legitimate interest in connection with our products and services to diagnose technical problems, track and analyze usage, and make updates or improvements. For example, we may use your comments to improve or help guide future enhancements to our products and services.
- To Personalize Your Experience. We may also use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose and our legitimate interest or with your consent to personalize your experience on our websites. We and/or our services providers use website tracking technologies to display products or features that are tailored to your interests and to present advertising on other sites. For more information on these technologies see our Cookies Policy.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA.
- Affiliates and Service Providers. We share personal data with our affiliates and like most businesses, we also share personal data with third-party service providers or vendors contracted to provide services on our behalf. Our service providers assist us by handling tasks such as Facility services, IT services, data management, email distribution, or information analytics.
- Advertisers. We may share personal data with our advertisers. Our advertisers may use your information to display advertisements to you through the services and advertisements for us on third party websites.
- Law Enforcement. We may share personal data with law enforcement agencies if we reasonably believe unlawful activities have occurred or the personal data may aid in an ongoing investigation. We may also share personal data with law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that you have violated our agreements or policies or that the release of your personal data may protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of us, our affiliates or any other third party.
- Legal Processes. We may share personal data as required by, or permitted by, law, whether in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, including defending against legal claims that have been or might be brought against us.
- Business Transfers. Your personal data may be transferred to a third party as a part of a potential sale, merger, reorganization or other similar transaction. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of personal data to an unaffiliated third party.
- Consent. With your consent, we may disclose personal data about you to certain third parties.
- DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS.
- Individual Rights. Subject to applicable privacy laws, you may have certain legal rights over the personal data we hold about you. These rights may include the right to access and to obtain a copy of your personal data processed by us, the right to restrict (including any withdrawal or objection rights) the processing of your personal data, or the right to access, correct, delete your personal data. However, please note that such rights are not absolute. They do not always apply and exemptions may be applicable. In response to any such request, you may be asked to verify your identity and/or provide information that helps us to better understand your request. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will explain why.
- Exercise of Such Rights. To exercise your individual rights, you may send an email to email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to investigate your concern. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen. The contact details of each Data Protection Authority can be found at the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- DATA TRANSFER. Your personal data may be stored and processed in the United States and in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain facilities or personnel. When you provide personal data to us, we may process and transfer your data within the United States and around the world. We follow applicable data protection laws when transferring personal data, including EU standard contractual clauses. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- SECURITY. We have technical and physical safeguards in place to help protect your personal data. However, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. We therefore urge you to exercise caution when conveying any personal data over the Internet. As when disclosing any information on the Internet, you should remain mindful that such information might be accessible by the public and, consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and any other means of communication with us is solely at your own risk.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS.
- The services are not directed to individuals under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 16.
Attn: Legal & Compliance – Privacy Counsel
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, mail, or as otherwise required by law.
Last Revised 23 November 2020
Get started in a CloudKitchens®
delivery-only kitchen today
With kitchens located throughout the UK, our team can help you find the perfect fit for your business.
Contact us to book a tour or to get more information on getting started with a Foodstars kitchen.
Do you own a property in a densely
We are expanding across many cities. If you own a commercial or industrial property of 2,000 sq ft or larger, please get in touch with our acquisitions team.